Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.
— Arthur Szathmary (1982), Professor of Philosophy, Princeton
I’ve really struggled with the decision as to whether to put this page up or not over the past few years, since I don’t want to appear to beg or ask for a hand-out. Many people are shocked to learn that I’m not paid to do what I do with my cameras. I do it, because I love it. It gets me out of the house (I’ve worked from home since 2005 for my “real” jobs). It allows me to be part of the solution to showcase Colleges, Universities and under-covered sports (WNBA, Women’s Basketball, etc).
- We’ve made the trip to the 2014 Music City Bowl
- We’ve covered the Men’s and Women’s Sunbelt Conference Basketball Tournament 4 of the last 6 years.
- We’ve done trips to Birmingham, AL (Samford Bulldogs), Statesboro, GA (Georgia Southern, twice), Jonesboro, AR (Arkansas State, twice), Conway, SC (Coastal Carolina), New Orleans (SBC MBB/WBB Conf Tourneys, four times) and Nashville (2017-18 NCAATs).
“Have camera, will travel!”, indeed.
I’ve invested (low) five figures into a portable/mobile radio studio and a home office to accommodate that, our tailgate set up (see the link under “About Us” > “Two Cents Radio”), all the trips above, camera equipment, etc, etc. This is a heck of an expensive hobby, y’all!
Let me not forget to mention that there’s usually two of us; myself and my wife’s uncle/my “assistant”/driver, Uncle Nate.
I would be remiss if I didn’t admit that I am hoping to join either a College or University’s Sports Athletics department (media relations and social media team), or a Professional Team. But that’s neither here nor there.
As someone that’s independent who works hard to make sure *everyone* has free/unfettered access to the content I provide, without going behind a silly little paywall is no easy (or cheap!) task. Yet, I continue to do this, because of the fans, the athletes, the coaching staffs/administrations.
No one is under any obligation to send money; please don’t feel like you have to. I’m going to continue doing this, as long as I can, because I get so much personal enjoyment out of this. HOWEVER, if you do decide to support my bad coffee habit and addiction to technology, THANK YOU! I am extremely appreciative of it! And yes, folks that kick in a certain amount (not yet decided, won’t be disclosed publicly), I’ll throw up another page and link either your social media profile, your business, or your message… it’s up to you. 😀
A couple things I ask you to keep in mind:
- I’m not a non-profit; any monies sent aren’t tax deductible.
- Just because you send money doesn’t allow you to dictate what I do, what I say, or how the site is run (I hate saying this, but have to make sure it’s said).
Thank you for at least reading through the end of this gushing babble fest. As always, I appreciate ALL of y’all!